Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Kee Wah Bakery - Monterey Park

Kee Wah Bakery - Monterey Park 1

Past Wing Hop Fung, and on the other side of Capital Dim Sum & BBQ, lies Kee Wah Bakery. The first time I stopped by in the late afternoon, I saw a bunch of Chinese customers grab trays so I dutifully followed suit.

They were loading up on freshly baked rolls, which were still warm from the oven.



Kee Wah Bakery - Monterey Park 2

Kee Wah Bakery - Monterey Park 3

Kee Wah Bakery - Monterey Park 4

Other fun snacks include this hot dog roll.

Kee Wah Bakery - Monterey Park 5

They have several kinds of egg tarts too.

Kee Wah Bakery - Monterey Park 6

While the rolls taste fine, I really go in here for this Danish butter loaf. It's a soft, pillowy, buttery loaf of bread. Sort of like a cross between a sweet roll and a croissant. Sooo worth it.

Kee Wah Bakery - Monterey Park 7

The breads range from around $1 to $3. Kee Wah Bakery also makes cakes and other pastries, but they don't look quite as nice as other bakeries to me so I've never been tempted to try any of them. But the Danish butter loaf, trust me on that one.

Other Chinese bakeries:
Happy Bakery - San Gabriel
Kiki Bakery - Alhambra
Kiki Bakery - Monterey Park
MoMo Bakery - Alhambra 
Vanille de Patisserie - San Marino

Kee Wah Bakery
729 W. Garvey Ave.
Monterey Park, CA 91754
626-281-2680
9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.

*****
1 year ago today, I was nominated for a Foodbuzz blog award.
2 years ago today, Hwa Ro Korean BBQ & Tofu - San Gabriel (Closed).
3 years ago today, Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

3 comments:

  1. I like the pineapple buns at Kee Wah. Used to eat the hot dog buns a lot too, good for school lunches. :) And the red bean bun looks like the one at Taipan Bakery in Arcadia! Never knew that. However last time I went to Kee Wah their pineapple bun wasn't very fragrant or crisp top as it did before... still a nice place to go though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pineapple buns here. Esp if you come after 4pm, they come out with a hot, fresh batch. I also like the traditional large egg tarts. It's hard to find ones with a non-flaky crust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ETE,
    The buns here are definitely better than the pastries. But apparently the time to go is in the late afternoon when they come fresh out of the oven. So many older Chinese people with trays to snatch up all the hot buns.

    Kirbie,
    Haha. See what I just said above. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!